Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 22

Hej Hej!

Well I am over halfway through my MTC stay. It feels like I just got here. But also in a way it feels like I've been here my whole life. I love it here though. I have become so close with my district and zone. Äldste Hart and I have been working great together. He was just called as the new district leader for our district. He is going to do well and learn a lot. 

This week was very routine and pretty uneventful. But the spirit here at the MTC has still been as strong as ever. Thursday we taught a lesson to a real person. A real person as in someone who isn't role playing to be somebody else. It was really scary and we weren't sure what to teach about. So eventually we decided to teach about the importance of prayer. It wasn't the best lesson we have ever given, but the spirit was still strong. My Swedish was a little rusty because it was the day after P day and I didn't really use much swedish the day before. But overall it was a cool experience because it was a real person that we were teaching. I love teaching people so much. It is the best way for me to learn my language. 

Sometime this week, Äldste Hart and I had another awesome lesson. It was with an investigator named Marc. He is a tricky investigator. He never does what we ask him to and he doesn't seem that interested in our message. We had planned a lesson on Jesus Christ's Atonement and Repentance. When we went in, we asked him if he had read what we asked him to and prayed about it. He said he forgot.. So I asked him what he expected out of our visits with him and why he keeps inviting us back. He said because he finds the Book of Mormon and our church interesting. I told him that he will get an even better feeling if he strives to do what we ask him to and read the Book of Mormon and pray to Gud to ask if what we have been teaching him is true. Then he asked why we even needed the Book of Mormon and asked why it is important and the story behind it. At that point, we decided to bag our whole lesson we had planned and decided to teach him about the Book of Mormon. We explained the history behind it, how it was written by prophets like the bible and how Joseph Smith translated it. He stopped us and said he had thought that Joseph Smith was the author haha. He was much more interested after that. So we taught the rest of the lesson on the Book of Mormon and why it is so important. It went really well. He has committed to read and to pray about what we asked him to read. The Book of Mormon really is the keystone of our religion. It holds everything together. If the Book of Mormon is true, so is everything else. And if you don't know that the Book of Mormon is true, I challenge you to find out for yourself. Read the last two paragraphs of the introduction. They are powerful. Then read the Book of Mormon or at least some of it and pray in the name of Christ to ask if it is true. I promise you will get an answer. And I know what that answer is going to be. But I'm not going to tell you cause that would spoil it. Go find out for yourself. ;)

Something kind of funny that has happened is that an Äldste in my district named Äldste Halterman wanted me to show him some basketball drills so he could get better. I kind of started training him a little and I did the drills with him too so I don't get rusty. But soon a couple more Elders came over.. And now I am training a bunch of Elders during gym time haha. I love it. All these Elders love basketball and I think it's so awesome how hard they are trying to get better at it. 

Last night we were able to here from an area seventy named Elder Catcher. He was a great speaker who talked about how we can be the best missionaries we can be. It really motivated me and it made me so excited to get to Sweden. I cannot wait to preach the gospel to the Swedish people. I absolutely love being a missionary. There is nowhere else I would rather be right now. I hope that you all have had an amazing week and I hope you have a great week this coming week. Thank you for all your support and prayers. I really can feel them. You are all so awesome and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for each of you. Keep writing me and stuff! I love hearing from you!

Jag älskar ni!!

Love, 
Äldste Bailey







No comments:

Post a Comment