Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 146


Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing great. This week was a little bit long and rough, but that's okay. I don't have too much to report this week, not a whole lot happened. I also don't have very much time today, which works out. 

This week started off pretty good. Monday wasnt a super fun pday, we just kinda hung out in the church with the other missionaries. We did get pizza though which was good. But Monday night was really fun. We went to the Molbaeks for dinner and family night. For family night, Magnus wanted to talk about baptism. Simone, their 7 year old daughter, is going to be baptized soon. So he asked each of us to share the story of our baptisms and the experiences and feelings we had. I was not prepared to do so. I had to think about my baptism for a second. It was really cool to reflect on my feelings and thoughts that I had when I was baptized. I felt the spirit really strong as I shared with Simone the feeling of cleanliness and happiness I had when I was baptized. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to tell about my baptism and testify of the importance of being baptized to Simone. 

Tuesday we were asked by the relief society to help set up for a birthday party for a lady in the ward. In addition to all the setting up we did, Elder Sweat and I got to decorate the table. We did a really good job I think ;) From what we heard the party went great. They even saved us some leftovers in the fridge! Later that night, we were able to teach Björn and Christian. They had us over for dinner and we taught them about the importance of holding to the iron rod. I always love teaching them because they are such great guys. They spirit is strong whenever we are over there. They help us out in teaching all the time by coming on lessons with us. They also help us with our Swedish.

Wednesday we had a really really good lesson with Su. He is progressing so much more than before. We gave him Alma Chapter 32 to read before we came. He read it and we talked a lot about it with him. The spirit was so strong as we talked about the way to increase our faith and to act on the desire we have to believe. Right now, Su is at the point where he doesnt believe he has enough faith to ask for an answer from God with enough faith to receive one. (if that makes sense). We read the part in Ch 32 where if we can even have a desire to believe, we can act on that desire and plant the seed in our heart and as we nurture it, it will grow into a big tree. I like to think of it as his testimony. As we help him nurture and grow his testimony, his faith will grow and he will eventually have enough faith to receive and answer from Heavenly Father. But as we talked and testified about faith, the spirit was so strong. I thought about my own life and how all of us are continually growing and increasing our faith in Jesus Christ. It is like an arm. If we exercise it, it will become strong. If we leave it in a sling, it will become weak. It's the same with faith. We need to constantly be acting on our faith in Jesus Christ each day to increase it and come closer to Him. 

We were also able to meet with Reza and Majeed this week. We taught them about the Restoration. It was a really good lesson. Those two are doing so well and havent missed church once since they have been baptized! They are going to get the priesthood this Sunday!

On Sunday, we were able to teach the Gospel Principles class. I love preparing and teaching that class. We taught about faith. It was a really good lesson with lots of comments from everyone there. Sadly, Stanley did not show up to church, but we called him last night and we are going to meet him this week! 

I feel like there is so much more I need to say but I cant think of anything and I am running out of time. Thank you for all the emails. They make me so happy! keep them coming! ;) I love you all so much and I love my mission with all my heart! I hope you all have a great week!

MVH 
Äldste Bailey

ps sorry about the lack of pics. there was a problem uploading them



(Mom's note: This is a favorite Christmas movie at the Bailey house!)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, love klappjakten. haha,.Sounds like Malmö really made you grow.

    ReplyDelete