Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 188

Hej hej everybody! I hope you have all had a good week! This week was long but good! A little more teaching than last, but we are still mostly finding people right now. 

On monday, we had another family night with Pia and her boyfriend, David. It went really well! Pia made us sushi. Sushi is not my favorite thing in the world but it was pretty good! Then we taught them about the Millennium. It was the lesson David chose. It was really good! We taught it out of the gospel principles book. It was a good lesson. David had lots of questions which was good for me because I didn't know too much about the Millennium. But As we taught it and studied for it, it made me really excited for those 1000 years of peace. They invited us over again tonight for my birthday so that is going to be fun! We are going to talk about the Final Judgement tonight. 

Tuesday we had district meeting. It was really good. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how we should build our testimonies around it. Afterwords, we were able to do a "contacting stund". Where we all go out with other missionaries' companions and contact. I went out with Äldste Carrigan. We did really well and I learned a lot from him. He is really good with people and always gets phone numbers and I have no idea how haha. So we got a couple phone numbers and we taught a couple lessons on the street. We were actually talking about how we are supposed to invite everyone to come unto Christ and I joked around and said "even these people passing by on bikes" and he said "why not? haha stop this guy" (coming up on a bike). I said "haha no way man he is on a bike coming pretty fast!" and he said "you scared?" and so I stopped the guy. He stopped his bike and we started talking. At first he was super impressed with our swedish and didn't believe we have been in the country for only 5 months. Then as we were talking, a man came up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. He asked us if we were from America and if we were the mormons. I said yes and yes. It was an awesome feeling that I was able to stand there and teach this man about the Book of Mormon and our church while Äldste Carrigan was behind me teaching another man. Then the other man left and we were both able to teach this man. He started telling us about his life and his family. We ended up getting his phone number and address. We are going to meet with him this week. I am grateful that Äldste Carrigan pushed me to stop that guy on the bike. Because if he didn't, we wouldn't of had the opportunity to talk to Urbån. 

Wednesday we taught a gospel principles class to Kenneth, Pia, an investigator named Nicolas, and the Branch President. It went really well. We taught about our Heavenly Father. I seriously have the strongest testimony of the gift of tongues. I was so amazed that I was standing up there infront of this class teaching in Swedish. Especially because I am not even good at talking in front of people in English! But the Spirit was so strong. There were lots of great comments from everyone in the class. I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father lives and loves me. I am grateful for the chance I have to teach that class. We are going to do that again on Wednesday. 

Thursday I had the opportunity to go on splits with our District Leader, Äldste Hemmingson. He is so awesome! We get along really really well and it was a fun day! He is also an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from him! We were able to teach Zaki again, who is in that prison place. This lesson was really sincere and spiritual. He had a lot of questions and we were able to answer them. We also taught him how to improve his relationship with God through prayer. We read through Enos together. It was an awesome lesson. He will find out today if he is released or not. Keep him in your prayers! 

Well these computers in the Library run on time and I'm about to run out. Im sorry this email was on the shorter end, but not too much happened anyways. I want everyone to know I have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and I know he lives! I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know the Book of Mormon is true and it can bring happiness and guidance to the life of anyone who reads it. I love being a representative of the Lord and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to share my testimony every day with everyone I meet. It is truely the best feeling in the world and it brings a special type of happiness I cannot explain. 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It has been a good day so far! You are all amazing! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

Love your friendly neighborhood missionary,

Äldste Bailey 







1 comment:

  1. Haha, love the picture with the knife. Actually i know the story behind it. haha.

    ReplyDelete