Monday, August 15, 2016

Day 586 - Transfers!

Hello there friends and family and such! 

Hope everybody is doin well. I am doing great and livin the dream! I love Sweden so much and I love being a missionary with all my heart. I am so lucky to be serving the Lord in this beautiful country and helping amazing people everyday. As you probably noticed, transfers are coming up in a few days! My beloved companion Elder Liddle will be transferring to the great land of Orem Utah. He is heading home in a few days and it's super weird! He is all packed up and entering the last few days of his mission. Elder Liddle is a fantastic missionary and has always been around since I got to the mission. Weird to see him go. I am grateful for the time I spent with him and for all I learned from him. Seeing him leave made me realize how little time I have left and how grateful I am for that time. I love serving the Lord and I am going to spend every last second I can giving him everything I have. I want to be able to get off the plane with 0 regrets and to be able to tell my Heavenly Father that I gave Him everything. 

Replacing Elder Liddle as my new companion will be Elder Weaver! He is going to be a new zone leader and I know him super well and I love him! When I was up in Umeå, he was the district leader in Sundsvall and he did such a good job! He is an incredible missionary and I am excited to work with him! He comes from Ogden I think but yeah he went to Weber High and played basketball there! So sports night will be awesome! 

This week was super crazy with lots of appointments and splits and running around and preaching the good word! I will give you a quick update!

On Monday, we got permission to go to a professional soccer game! It was super super fun! It felt like I was in the FIFA video game haha.  It was originally going to be just us and the other Gubbängen Elders but word got out and it ended up being like 20 missionaries! It was so much fun. I never got the group picture but I will find out whose phone has it and send it next week! 

On Tuesday we were able to teach Hanna again. She is doing awesome! The lesson went so well. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ which talks about Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. It honestly went so well. She had read 2 Nephi 31 before we came and she had a lot of questions about it which was awesome. We were able to answer those and then teach about the Gospel of Jesus Krist. The spirit was so strong and she was happy to tell us that she felt really good when she reads the Book of Mormon! That is a huge step for her! She also told us that she wants to be baptized! Just not right now. She says she needs a little more time until she feels completely ready which we can respect. She is doing so awesome though. The lesson went really well and I always love testifying of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I feel like it encompasses the most action and change and application of all the lessons. The spirit is always so powerful as we witness that as they follow the gospel of Christ, it will change their lives. Hanna is doing really well though. We are actually meeting her today! We are going to teach her about prayer!

On Wednesday I had the privilege of going on splits in my old area of Uppsala!! It was so weird to be back but it felt really good at the same time. It was weird to see that basically everything was the exact same. Besides the fact that everything was green and about every person was on their phone playing pokemon go haha. I was with Elder Pfost who is an incredible missionary. We basically contacted all day long! My favorite kinds of days! I was also sick this week so he was a trooper for putting up with a sick Elder Bailey. I also got to see one of my favorite people from Uppsala! Well two actually, Jose and Caroline! It was so good to see Jose. He has grown so much haha! We spent the evening at Caroline's and it was so awesome!! It felt to good to spend time with her and catch up with her and her family! Her daughter Kerstin is sooo big now! Crazy!
Caroline is doing awesome though and has also grown so much spiritually. She is the best!

On Thursday we had district meeting and lunch in Uppsala with the district up there and it was awesome! Then we traveled back to Stockholm and had dinner and sports night at the church!

Friday was District meeting for our district which was also good. We talked about receiving revelation through prayer and helping our investigators do the same. It was really good.

On Saturday we attended a baptism for the Elders in Jakobsberg! (Elder Blackburn and Dean). It was good to see good old Elder Blackburn. I love that kid so much. I think all we do is laugh when we are together hahaha we are just both really weird. But the baptism was awesome! It was a guy named Musi from Afghanistan! I interviewed him during the week and he was so ready! He was really happy afterwords and the spirit was strong!

We also got to meet Daniel on Saturday! He is doing really well and is progressing in his reading in the Book of Mormon! We taught him more about the Restoration and he knows it super well now! He is just a bro and an amazing member. We also had a push up contest after the lesson hahaha he is a beast ;)

Well I have to bounce! There is a little bit more that happened but that's about all the time I have! I love you all!! Keep working hard in all you do! Don't settle! Nothing worth it comes easy. This church is true and this work is true. Have a good week everyone!

Godspeed my friends.

äldste Bailey



















1 comment:

  1. I'm so Happy that you had the chance to go on splits In Uppsala!
    I've been wondering about Jose and Caroline and how they're doing.
    Wow! A real soccer game. I'm so proud! And You almost look human without the name tag ;) have a great week and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete