Monday, October 24, 2016

Day 656: I'm tryin' to talk to you

Hey folks! 

Hope everyone is doing well! I want to start off by saying that I hope everyone caught the sarcasm in my last email (I'm sure you did) about the vegan thing haha. It was just pretty funny because when swedes write things in English it sometimes ends up funny. So we got a good chuckle out of that sentence ;)

Well otherwise, things are continuing to go so well here in Västerås! I know I say that we see miracles every week, but we truly do! We are working hard and definitely seeing the hand of the Lord in the work and our lives. We have been blessed this week with some new investigators and new people who are interested in meeting. I love being a missionary! 

I guess I can start with our brother Sorie. My love for this man continues to grow every day. He is so humble and willing to accept the gospel and act on it. He is also so loving and caring and just an all around great guy. We are still teaching him and he is progressing on his path to baptism. He is so funny and he cracks us up every time we go over there. We taught him the second half of the Plan of Salvation this week and he loved it. He loved the idea of the Plan of "Happiness". He told us how he has always believed that everyone is going to end up happy and that how it was hard for him to believe in a god that would condemn us to "eternal damnation" just because we didn't quite measure up. He also expressed to us how the BoM is beginning to make more and more sense to him. He always says "You can't hide the truth my brother!". And he expressed last time how the truth is beginning to come forth. He said that he knows and understands the BoM independent of us or because we come and teach him about it, but because he has read it and prayed about it. Sorie also made it to church on Sunday! He was even sick but came anyways because he promised that he would come! He left after Sacrament meeting because he had a bad headache but he loved it. He is doing so well.

I have a funny story that happened the other day! So, we recently started visiting a less active member named Marcial from Chile. He is honestly the funniest guy in the whole world!! We have started teaching him and he made it to church!! But when we were over there this week, and he has one of those hoverboard things. They have apparently been out for awhile now but I've never tried them before. So he asked me if I wanted to try and I was like "of course how hard can it be?" So I started off slow and steady and went back and forth in his living room and then I slowly gained confidence and went faster and faster and on one of the ends I turned way to fast and I literally just flew into the air and landed straight on my back on the floor haahaha Marcial and Elder Harrell laughed so hard haha and Marcial was laughing so hard that I thought he was going to have a heart attack, haha. I was so mad at them. And then at church Marcial was going around telling like every member about me falling and was just busting up laughing hahaha. And then last time we were there we had a giant foam sword fight with him and his 6 year old son! It was a blast! He is doing so good! 

On Sunday I gave a talk in chuch! It was a super good opportunity and I focused my talk on a talk by Brian K. Asthon called the "Doctrine of Christ", Which is faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. The doctrine of Christ is very simple but essential in our every day lives! Here is a quote about applying the gospel of Christ in our lives: "So how can we apply the doctrine of Christ more fully in our lives? One way would be to make a conscious effort each week to prepare for the sacrament by taking some time to prayerfully consider where we most need to improve. We could then bring a sacrifice of at least one thing that keeps us from being like Jesus Christ to the sacrament altar, pleading in faith for help, asking for necessary spiritual gifts, and covenanting to improve during the coming week. As we do so, the Holy Ghost will come into our lives to a greater degree, and we will have additional strength to overcome our imperfections."

We had another investigator come to church named Sina. He is persian and very interested! We have also been teaching a swede named Nikolas! I wish I had more time to talk about that but I don't :/ 

I want to end my email by giving the best sister in the whole entire world a birthday shout out!! My little sister Erin is turning 13 this thursday!! I honestly can't believe that! She is getting so old! I love her so much and she has always been there for me no matter what. She is such a good example to me of being happy and always smiling :) She has taught me so much and I can't wait to see her soon! I love you so much Erin! Happy Birthday!! :)

Well folks, I'm about out of time. I want you all to know that I know that the Church is true. Without a doubt. How could it not be? Keep working hard everyone. Nothing worth it comes easy. I love you all and appreciate you so much! 

MVH
äldste Bailey

















No comments:

Post a Comment