Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 62


Hej Hej!

This week was great! Not as hard as last week. I am learning and growing so much and I love it here in Malmö! The language is coming along good. I am getting quicker when I speak which is good. I was also able to understand people really well this week which mad me happy because I am usually frustrated because I dont know what people are saying to me. But this week I was able to hold whole conversations on the streets with people. Not that many people wanted to listen this week. We did get a couple numbers and one guy took a Mormons Bok so hopefully he can meet this week. 

So Monday was P day and we went to a restaurant on the beach and had some lunch then went to a technology museum which was really cool! 

Tuesday, we were able to teach Bill the Plan of Salvation. It was a really good lesson and he understood it well. I love teaching investigators because we don't get to do it that often. I feel the spirit so strong in those lessons. Even if we only teach lessons to investigators a couple times a week it is worth it for those feelings I get when I teach them and see the spirit work inside of them and they learn the Gospel. It is so cool!! After the lesson with Bill, we went straight to the train station to catch a train to Göteborg (Gothenburg in english I think). We had a Mission Tour there the next day at 9:00 in the morning so we went down the night before and stayed with some Elders in Utby. There was 6 of us and only 4 beds so I dont know where the office thought the other two would sleep when they assigned us there. So 3 of us went to the church and slept there haha. I stayed at the apartment because I had already unpacked all my stuff. 

Wednesday, we spent the day in Göteborg and we had an area 70 named Elder Donaldson and his wife come speak to us. It was awesome! He spoke on the Spirit and how important it is to help investigators recognize the spirit and how they can receive an answer for themselves. I loved it so much and I am definitely trying to implement it into my teaching skills.

Thursday, we helped a lady in the ward named Nancy move a ton of her stuff from a trailer to the storage units on the top floor of an apartment building. I never knew one lady could have so much stuff! It was definitely a workout. We were glad to help her. She is going through so much right now and afterwords she just broke down and cried so we gave her a blessing. She bore her testimony to us and we knelt in prayer and with all the trails and challenges she is going through, she prayed for us. She prayed for us so much and she prayed for our families. She didnt say one word about herself. She is the most amazing lady ever! It was moments like that I am am so grateful to be a missionary. Later that day we taught a new convert from Pakistan named Fardin. He is a bro. Fadin and I are super close. We taught him about the temple and the blessings that come from going to the temple. He is preparing to go through the temple soon. 

Friday we visited less active members in the ward. On friday nights we teach a language class at the church. No one showed up though. But we had sports night later that night which was super fun! It is a good way to get investigators to be involved with the ward. I love the ward members sooooo much!! they are so awesome and fun. I had so much fun at that sports night. 

Saturday, we cleaned the church with the other missionaries which was fun. Then after we cleaned the church, we played basketball with one of our investigators named Su. He loves basketball so we played with him for a little bit and then we taught him a lesson afterwords. He is having trouble understanding the Word of Wisdom. Like how Coke and energy drinks are okay but Coffee isnt. It was hard to explain but we just told him that even though it may seem like rules, commandments are there for our protection and happiness in the long run. We also had one of the members in the ward with us, Johan, who was a convert and he bore an amazing testimony about his life before keeping the word of wisdom and after. The spirit was so strong. I love teaching investigators so much!! I talked with Su on the way home and he said he is going to get baptized in the future, just when he feels ready. He doesnt feel like he will be ready by the 28th. We will see :)

Sunday, we went to church and the choir sang in sacrament meeting (missionaries HAVE to be in the chior..). But it went well. Sadly, Bill didn't show up to church. We were planning on teaching him the second hour. Hopefully we can teach him this week. 

Thank you so much for all your many prayers and emails!! I really can feel the strength that comes from them! I love being a missionary and sharing my testimony of Jesus Christ every single day to as many people as I can talk to. I am praying for all of you and I hope you all have an amazing week!!

Med kärlek,

Äldste Bailey










1 comment:

  1. Seems like you had a great time in Malmö. Love the Ghetto picture. haha

    ReplyDelete